Copyright 2013. Santa Monica Spa, INc All Rights Reserved.covering west Los Angeles,Santa Monica, Brentwood, Westwood, Culver City, Century City,Beverly Hills,Bel AIr California and Greater Los Angeles area For Pain Free Hair Removal, Wrinkle Reduction, Skin Resurfacing, Brown/ Red Spot Laser Treatment, Rosacea Treatment, Excessive Sweating treatment, Vitamin B12 Injection, Wart/ Skin Tag Removal, Scar/ Stretch Mark reduction, Spider Vein Laser Treatment .Contact (310)740-0783 email@example.com 12340 Santa Monica Blvd. Ste. 223 Los Angeles, Ca 90025
Botox Before & After Care
• Ingestion of alcoholic beverages prior to treatment can increase chances of bruising and/or swelling.
• No anti-inflammatory drugs (Ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Aleve, Vioxx,
etc.), aspirin, Vitamin E, or Gingko Biloba one week prior to treatment. This will reduce the possible side effects of bruising and/or swelling in area(s) of treatment.
• You cannot be pregnant or breastfeeding to receive treatment. You cannot be allergic to eggs or egg products to receive treatment.
• Do not lie down for 2 to 4 hours following treatment.
• Facial exercises (squint/frown/smile) are strongly recommended in the treated area for one hour after injection.
• Avoid manipulation of treated area for a minimum of four hours.
• By following the above measures you will minimize the occurrence of ptosis (droopy eyelids), bruising, and less than optimal outcomes.
• Common side effects include a slight headache lasting a few hours
up to 48 hours, and temporary bruising and/or swelling.
• Treatment effect will take 2 to 10 days.
• Benefits of treatment may last 3 to 6 months; the average is 4 months.
• Please inform the office if the resolution of the lines has not taken effect in 10 days. Additional unit of Botox may be necessary to achieve desired result.
• Follow up treatments should be scheduled prior to return of full movement of muscle, usually at three months.
• Consistent repeated treatments will produce the best resolution of wrinkles.