Copyright 2013. Santa Monica Spa, INc All Rights Reserved.covering west Los Angeles,Santa Monica, Brentwood, Westwood, Culver City, Century City,Beverly Hills,Bel AIr California and Greater Los Angeles area For Pain Free Hair Removal, Wrinkle Reduction, Skin Resurfacing, Brown/ Red Spot Laser Treatment, Rosacea Treatment, Excessive Sweating treatment, Vitamin B12 Injection, Wart/ Skin Tag Removal, Scar/ Stretch Mark reduction, Spider Vein Laser Treatment .Contact (310)740-0783 firstname.lastname@example.org 12340 Santa Monica Blvd. Ste. 223 Los Angeles, Ca 90025
Juvederm Before and After Care
• No anti-inflammatory drugs (Ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Aleve, Vioxx, etc.), aspirin, high doses of Vitamin E, or Ginko Biloba one week prior to treatment. This will reduce the possible side effects of bruising and/or swelling in the treated area(s).
• Consumption of alcoholic beverages prior to treatment can increase the chances of bruising and/or swelling.
• You cannot be pregnant or breastfeeding to receive treatment.
• If you have a history of oral herpes, you must pre-treat with an anti-viral three days before your scheduled visit.
• Swelling, redness, and tenderness will occur after your treatment and usually resolves within 72 hours.
• Cold compresses (a cloth dipped in cold water, wrung out, and applied to the injected area) may be used immediately after treatment to reduce swelling.
• Avoid touching the treated area within 6 hours of treatment so you do not accidentally injure your skin. After that, the area can be gently washed with soap and water.
• Until there is no redness or swelling, avoid exposure of the treated area to intense heat (sun lamp or sun bathing) or extreme cold weather.
• If you have suffered previously from facial cold sores, there is a risk that the needle punctures could contribute to another occurrence. Ask your treatment provider about medications that may minimize a recurrence.
• Avoid taking aspirin and other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications, St. John’s wort, and high doses of Vitamin E supplements for one week after treatment. These agents may increase the risk of bruising and bleeding at the injection site.
• Avoid aesthetic lasers, microdermabrasion, or IPL over areas with JUVÉDERM® Injectable Gel for a minimum of one week after treatment.
• Follow up treatments should be scheduled usually every six months.
• Consistent repeated treatments will produce best resolution of wrinkles.