Copyright 2013. Santa Monica Spa, INc All Rights Reserved.covering west Los Angeles,Santa Monica, Brentwood, Westwood, Culver City, Century City,Beverly Hills,Bel AIr California and Greater Los Angeles area For Pain Free Hair Removal, Wrinkle Reduction, Skin Resurfacing, Brown/ Red Spot Laser Treatment, Rosacea Treatment, Excessive Sweating treatment, Vitamin B12 Injection, Wart/ Skin Tag Removal, Scar/ Stretch Mark reduction, Spider Vein Laser Treatment .Contact (310)740-0783 firstname.lastname@example.org 12340 Santa Monica Blvd. Ste. 223 Los Angeles, Ca 90025
Laser Hair Removal Pre/Post Treatment
• No Accutane use for 6 months prior to treatment.
• Do not tan the areas to be treated for 4 weeks prior to treatment.
• Do not use self-tanning products for 2 weeks prior to treatment.
• Stop all Retin-A, Retinol, Renova, glycolics, bleaching creams
and exfoliants use for 3-4 days prior to treatment.
• The treatment area must be free of any open sores, lesions or
skin infections. For treatment of pigmented skin lesions, you
should consult a specialist if there is a family or personal history
of skin cancer or if you have these concerns.
• If you choose, for an extra charge, you can be injected with a
local anesthetic for pain relief.
• If you have elected to use a topical anesthetic, do so only after
reviewing all cautions associated with its use. Apply and use as
directed prior to arrival.
• Gently wash the area to be treated, removing makeup, lotion,
etc. Do not apply any creams, lotions or other products to the
area except a topical anesthetic (if applicable).
• Scabbing and blistering routinely occur following treatment.
•Cold compresses (not ice) and recommended skin care products may
be useful to reduce swelling or discomfort. You may take over-the-counter
pain or anti-inflammatory medication. Hydrocortisone (steroid) cream
may decrease any itching or skin irritation. Antibiotic ointment (such as
Neosporin) may be used if skin is broken to prevent infection.
• Your skin will be fragile for 2 to 3 days. Use gentle cleansers, but do
not rub the skin vigorously and avoid hot water during this time. Skin
moisturizers may be used immediately and makeup can be applied
if the skin is not broken.
• Avoid sun exposure and tanning creams during the entire course of
treatments. Use SPF 30 or greater on the treatment area at all times.
• The treatment area may be left open and uncovered. Do not scrub
or exfoliate the area. Do not use any products on the treated area
without first consulting our staff.
• Avoid soaking for 24 to 48 hours. No hot tubs, whirlpools or baths,
but showers are okay.
• Avoid excessive sweating for 24 to 48 hours. No saunas or vigorous
• Keep areas well moisturized and allow scabs to fall off on their own.
This is an expected occurrence with tattoo/pigment removal.
• Avoid irritants such as Retin-A, Retinol, Renova, glycolics, bleaching
creams and exfoliants for one week.
• Follow up treatments should be scheduled every 4-6 weeks.
• Consistent repeated treatments will produce the best resolution
of tattoos or pigmented lesion.