Copyright 2013. Santa Monica Spa, INc All Rights Reserved.covering west Los Angeles,Santa Monica, Brentwood, Westwood, Culver City, Century City,Beverly Hills,Bel AIr California and Greater Los Angeles area For Pain Free Hair Removal, Wrinkle Reduction, Skin Resurfacing, Brown/ Red Spot Laser Treatment, Rosacea Treatment, Excessive Sweating treatment, Vitamin B12 Injection, Wart/ Skin Tag Removal, Scar/ Stretch Mark reduction, Spider Vein Laser Treatment .Contact (310)740-0783 email@example.com 12340 Santa Monica Blvd. Ste. 223 Los Angeles, Ca 90025
Laser Vein Treatment
• Remove all make-up & moisturizers from the treatment site.
• Avoid Flying for 48 hours after the treatment.
• You should not be pregnant or breastfeeding to receive treatment.
• When treating facial telangiectasia near the mouth, rolled-up gauze can be placed between the lips and teeth to protect the teeth from discomfort.
• Do not treat over areas with tattoos.
• Apply ice or chilled gel-packs prior to treatment to increase comfort and provide increased epidermal protection.
• Avoid aspirin or other blood thinning drugs (vitamin E, Ginkgo Biloba), ibuprofen, or arthritis medication for two days before and after treatment.
• Avoid alcohol and do not smoke for two days before and after treatment.
• To avoid discomfort do not shave legs the day of your appointment.
• Do not apply lotions to legs before appointment.
• Eat a light meal/snack one hour before treatment.
• Bring loose fitting shorts/pants to wear after treatment.
• If you develop a fever or other illness before your appointment you must reschedule.
• Ice, chilled gel-packs or chilled hydro-gel pads may be applied post treatment to increase patient comfort and provide increased epidermal protection.
• The veins may have an urticarial reaction after treatment. This is common and will diminish more quickly with the application of a mild-potency topical corticosteroid.
• Portions of larger vessels will sometimes darken and become stiff and painful for an extended period after a treatment. The dark coagulum can be removed at 1 to 2 weeks following the treatment by nicking the vessel with a needle or blade and applying pressure to force out the coagulum.
• For larger leg veins, some physicians say the use of compression stockings (30-40 mm Hg Pressure) for up to five days after treatment may increase patient comfort and help reduce bruising.
• If crusting occurs, an antibiotic ointment or lubricating cream may be recommended.
• Post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation is a common response (especially with darker skin types) to vascular laser treatments and tends to resolve over time.
• Immediately upon leaving the office go for a brisk 15-minute walk.
• You may resume your normal daily activities immediately, but avoid strenuous aerobic exercise until further advised.
• You are encouraged to wear your compression stockings as much as you can following your Sclerotherapy treatment. The more you wear your stockings, the better your Sclerotherapy results. You may remove your stockings to wash them, but while they are being washed, keep your legs elevated as much as possible.
• Take Extra Strength Tylenol for pain. AVOID ASPIRIN, ADVIL, OR IBUPROFEN. These tend to thin blood and can lead to excessive bruising.
• Call if you experience any severe reactions such as profound pain, intense itching, redness or fever.
• Avoid hot conditions such as saunas, Jacuzzis, or hot showers for 7-10 days after treatment.
• The recommended time interval between treatments is 4-6 weeks, depending on the rate of clearance following each treatment. Larger reticular vessels can take three months to resolve and should not be re-treated before then.
• Consistent repeated treatments will produce best resolution of leg veins.